Today, 33% of all discoveries on Spotify happen via personalised recommendations in algorithmic contexts. With ‘Discovery Mode’, Cygnus Music will signal tracks to Spotify to push through their radio and autoplay algorithms to reach more listeners across the world. This feature is in beta and Cygnus Music is one of a few key distribution partners who have onboarded with Spotify.
Each month Cygnus Music will prioritise tracks distributed through our network and present these to Spotify for inclusion of ‘Discovery Mode’.
Spotify will then assign a signal to the algorithms that determine personalised listening sessions. This signal increases the likelihood of the selected songs being recommended. ‘Discovery Mode’ can help drive longer-term fanbase growth and playlist placements.
Statistical modelling shows that, on average, artists see +50% in saves, +44% in user playlist adds, and +37% in follows during the first month of Discovery Mode.
- You distribute through Cygnus Music
- Your track has been identified to us by Spotify as eligible
- Artists have at least 25,000 monthly listeners
- The track has been released on Spotify for at least 30 days
- The track has been streamed in Radio or Autoplay in the last 7 days
- The track has been pitched through Spotify for Artists